Sunday, November 8, 2009

Almost 1 month

Well I must apologize for the lack of updates. For reasons explained below, I am only just now getting back the blogs. :-)

Before we begin, I would like to say that classes, while extremely busy, are also going very very well. You learn so much so fast here that I'm actually kind of surprised at how much me (and everyone else) seems to be retaining.

On October 24th (the first weekend after classes began), Danielle and I moved closer to the school. Whereas we used to live around 15 minutes away when driving, we now live 5 minutes away on foot. It's actually faster to walk now than get in the car, drive, and park. This has been a tremendous help in getting Danielle and Haden back and forth from school, and it saves a ton on gas money. Oh, did I mention that it's also bigger than the last place we lived? And cheaper? Yes, it was a really good move. On top of that, we had so much awesome help from our friends here that the house was mostly moved and set back up in about 5 hours, and pretty much completed within the 1st week of living here. Yey!!

If you're wondering how an average day goes, it's something like this:

7AM: Wake up
8:15AM - 4:30PM: School (Nap at Noon)
4:30PM - 9:30PM: Family Time / Church / Dinner / Friends
9:40PM - 10PM: Nap
10PM - 2:30AM: Homework / Studying / Reading / Occasional Free Time
2:30AM - 7AM: Sleep

It's been pretty fun so far. We have (as I'm sure I've said before) loved being here so far and we are so thankful that we have been able prepare for our future this way. We are also looking into the possibilities of mission work in Zambia. At this point we are simply at the information-gathering stage to see if it would be a good fit, and if it is, whether we would be most effective long-term or short-term. It seems the mission mindset here really does infect you and make you think about what's really important and what you should really be doing.

Well, It's getting towards the end of my night, so I should wrap it up here. I will try and be better about post regularity (every 2 weeks, as originally planned), so that you and anyone else interested can stay updated on our progress.

As I say every post, but mean with all my heart, thank you for your support, be it in thought, prayer, financial, or any other way.

Sincerely,
Jared, Danielle, and Haden

No comments:

Post a Comment