Saturday, January 30, 2010

Term 3

Greetings again, all. I hope you are doing well! Life at SIBI continues on and we are now in Term 3. This time, my classes are as follows:

Mon. / Wed. Morning: Acts
Mon. / Wed. Afternoon: Life and Teachings of Jesus II: Matthew

Tue. / Thur. Morning: Effective Bible Study
Tue. / Thur. Afternoon: Scheme of Redemption

Fri.: Evangelistic Methods.

All in all classes have been going very well. The most difficult part of them this term is keeping up with the reading. While there are not quite as many assignments as in past terms, the amount of reading and memorization required are extremely high. It is not unusual for me to be reading for two hours a day outside of classes, then doing whatever homework we may have.

The last two weeks have been on a strange schedule, however. Last week was the Sunset Workshop (which was terrific), which cut off classes Thur. and Fri. Then this week we had snow and ice storms which cut out electricity to the school and ended up canceling classes for Thursday and Friday again. It did allow me some extra time to get my reading done and spend time with the the family, but now there will probably be a little bit of an extra push going to get through all the material.

In other news I received my report card from the last two terms, and my grades have been as follows:

Term 1:
Confident Preaching (introductory lab class): 100
Life and Teachings of Jesus I (Luke): 99
Introduction to Ministry (grammar and writing): 94
Old Testament History I: 96
Spiritual Disciplines: 94
Christian Evidences: 87

Term 2:
Interpretive Reading (reading scripture out loud): 99
Christian Home: 94
Old Testament History II: 92
Greek: 94
Introduction to Homiletics: 87
Evangelistic Message: 94

So there you have it! In the interest of keeping this post under 8 trillion words I'll end it here. I hope you are doing well and pray for all the best things for you.

Thank you for all that you have done, are doing, and will do for us.

Sincerely,
Jared, Danielle, and Haden

No comments:

Post a Comment